The Lindale 4-H rifle program had its first rifle practice session this past Sunday, April 30, 2017. Coach Singler had a good turnout with several families participating. They learned and practiced essentials of firearms safety and introductory marksmanship during this practice. We want to thank The Reload Ranch for hosting our rifle practice.
We encourage anyone in our Lindale 4-H Club, or from any of the clubs in Smith County, to participate in these practices. Below is some information for anyone wanting to participate.
- All kids must be registered in 4 H connect to be covered by 4H’s liability policy.
- We need volunteers to help supervise. All volunteers must be registered in 4H connect.
- Shooters must have safety glasses (cheap ones from Lowes are fine) and earplugs/earmuffs. We only have 6 pairs at this time, so it would be good for kids to have their own if possible. Prescription glasses will be considered adequate eye protection.
- Feel free to bring any sporting style .22 caliber rifle. Any action type including semi-auto is fine.
- Ammo will be provided, but you may also bring you own.
- Learn and review the MAT Shooting Safety Rules (see below)
- DO NOT BRING LOADED GUNS TO THE RANGE.
MAT Shooting Safety Rules
- Muzzle– Always pointed in a safe direction
- Action– Always open, empty, and exposed to view until ready to shoot
- Trigger– Always keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot